You might have heard that MEC is back! The old skool Exchange administrators will no doubt reflect on what MEC used to be, and the newer Exchange administrators may have not heard of MEC.
What is MEC? It is the Microsoft Exchange Conference, a conference sponsored by Microsoft and dedicated to Microsoft Exchange Server. The last MEC was 10 years ago in Anaheim, California. Since then the hardcore Exchange administrators have had to rely on content from TechEd or from Exchange Connections. Now Microsoft has taken charge and brought back MEC to drive quality content to the community. For 2012 MEC will be held in Orlando, FL from September 24 to 26th.
Just think, 10 years ago:
- Were working with Windows 2000 (SP2 has just been released)
- Were deploying Exchange Server 2000
- Just saw the initial release of SharePoint based on Exchange had just come out.
- Sybari was a separate company (not purchased by Microsoft until 2005)
- We had an “M:” drive!
- We had 100 MB mailboxes
- Gmail didn’t exist (not until 2004)
- When you heard someone say “the cloud” they were outside and looking up at the sky.
A lot has changed and yet email hasn’t become that much easier. Don’t you think it is time for another MEC?
Why should you go to MEC? Because that where you will learn about cool things like:
- Exchange Server 2013 Architecture
- Security and Protection in the new Exchange
- Configuring built-in Anti-Malware/Anti-Spam protection
- Setting up Data Loss Prevention policies
- Compliance, eDiscovery and Archiving in the new Exchange
- Exchange Server 2013 Manage Availability and Monitoring
- Unified Messaging in Exchange Server 2013
- Exchange Server 2013 Deployment and Exchange Server 2010 Coexistence
- Moving to the cloud with Exchange Online and Office365
I was at the last MEC and met some great people that share my passion for Exchange Server. I still keep in contact with many of them, ten years later. A truly valuable experience that I’d love to repeat.
Do you want to go but need a discount? Send me an email!
Let me know if you are going